My favourite self-scored engagement survey
In a previous role I had these 12 questions permanently on view at my desk. Sadly, I could never answer all of them affirmatively…needless to say I don’t work there anymore! How would you answer these questions in your current role? More importantly, how would your people answer them? Do you need a navigator to help you plan for performance and engagement in 2018?
- Do I know what is expected of me at work?
- Do I have the equipment and material I need to do my work right?
- At work, do I have the opportunity to do what I do best every day?
- In the last seven days, have I received recognition or praise for good work?
- Does my supervisor or someone at work seem to care about me as a person?
- Is there someone at work who encourages my development?
- At work, do my opinions seem to count?
- Does the mission/purpose of my company make me feel my work is important?
- Are my co-workers committed to doing quality work?
- Do I have a best friend at work?
- In the last six months, have I talked to someone about my progress?
- This last year, have I had opportunities at work to learn and grow?
Advent is a season of expectancy and preparation for Christians. As your navigator I’m curious to know how you’re preparing for your 2018 leadership journey. your navigator’s Advent Series 2017 is my collection of 16 reflections, insights and inspiring perspectives that I hope equip you for 2018.